Can I Force My Brother to Close Out My Mother's Estate?

The short answer is that you, your brothers, and your sister need to hire a probate attorney to represent you. That attorney will be able to take a number of steps to force action, depending on all of the facts and the laws and practices in your state. These steps may include actions to force your brother to provide an accounting, to remove him as executor, to charge him for losses to the estate or a partition action to force a sale of the property. Only a local attorney can properly advise you. To find an attorney near you, click here.