The Kaiser Family Foundation has released two new guides that explain the role of Medicare and Medicaid for roughly 20 million children, adults and seniors with disabilities.
The guides offer a basic introduction to the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including answers to questions such as:
- How do people with disabilities apply for coverage under Medicare or Medicaid?
- What is Medicare's policy for covering durable medical equipment?
- Where can people with disabilities turn if they need help in applying for Medicaid?
- How do people with disabilities appeal Medicare coverage decisions?
- Can a person with a disability who has Medicare and/or Medicaid be employed and still keep their coverage?
To access the guides, Navigating Medicare and Medicaid, 2005 and Keeping Medicare and Medicaid When You Work, 2005, go to: https://www.kff.org/medicare/med020705pkg.cfm