How Do I Get Reimbursed for Care I Provided Dad?

You are in an unfortunate situation, which is not that unusual. Family members often provide assistance without nailing down how much compensation is due, if any. You very well may have a claim against the estate. Given that your family and the probate attorney are not forthcoming, we would recommend that you do retain an attorney to represent you. In all likelihood, given the size of your father’s estate, you will not get everything you are due, but without an attorney it sounds like you might get nothing.

Find an attorney near you

For information about putting caregiving agreements in writing, read more in this article on caregiver contracts