If I'm Disabled, Can I Protect a House that I Stand to Inherit from a Medicaid Lien?

There is a solution for you due to your having a disability. Your friend can transfer the house into trust for your sole benefit. He has to do this before you reach age 65 and you must be able to prove your disability. If you are receiving disability benefits, such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), that will do the trick. Since this all has to be done right and some states may have their own unique procedures, you and the man you’re working for will need to consult with an Ohio elder law or special needs planning attorney. To find one near you, go here: https://www.elderlawanswers.com/ohio-elder-law-attorneys or here: https://specialneedsanswers.com/ohio-special-needs-planners.