Is There a Way to Receive a Car Crash Settlement and Still Preserve Medicaid?

Your mother may be able to stay on Medicaid and protect the proceeds through a (d)(4)(A) or (d)(4)(C) trust, depending on her age and what’s available in her state. You or her personal injury attorney need to consult with a local attorney who specializes in settlement planning issues. You can find such an attorney on our sister site at

For more about (d)(4)(A) trusts (in this case also known as a "first-party trust," click here.

For more about (d)(4)(C) trusts (also called "pooled trusts"), click here.